The archive function is used to structure documents over time.
- Archived documents are located in folders that are marked as "archived".
- The "archived" mark can be set, then removed back.
- The archiving process is manual. This means that old documents are not automatically moved to the archive.
- If a folder is marked as "archived", all folders in its hierarchy are automatically marked as "archived". However, the reverse is not true!
- Archived folders do not appear on the website (in the front-end) and are highlighted in blue in the administration (in the back-end).
- Archived folders are not taken into account when searching for documents, unless you explicitly specify the search in the archive. In this way, archived documents can be found and used by the users.